Saturday, April 13, 2013

A little introduction about me and my family.


I married my high school sweetheart Dusty.  We have a very unique marriage; Dusty’s job requires him to travel for work so he is gone over 300 days a year.  We are the parents of 4 children and a Maltese/Chihuahua.  My oldest, Dominic is 17 and is my book worm.  He loves to tell us facts he learns from books no matter how off the wall, the King of Useless Facts I call him.  My only daughter Marissa is the social bug of the house.  She turns 13 tomorrow and is so excited she can barely contain herself.  Luke my 11 year old is my character, he prides himself on making sure he knows EVERYTHING that is going on around the house.  Elisha is 8 and he has more creative energy than I know what to do with.  He is always building/creating things, aka getting into trouble!  But he has a big heart and is always giving to others.  Lastly I have my baby, my puppy Buddy.  He keeps things interesting and tries to keep the kids in line by barking at them when they run in the house.  This 5 pound guard dog is cute as a button.


I have homeschooled a couple of different times over the course of my children growing up.  I first educated at home when we packed up and traveled with my husband in a 5th wheel trailer.  (I will leave that story for another time).  The second time I homeschooled was when my oldest was not being challenged in middle school and I was struggling to get him through 8th grade.  However this time I pulled all 4 of my kids out of school to give them a better education and more opportunities.  The first two times I did it out of necessity, but I became “sold out” on homeschooling last spring.  I have surrounded myself with other homeschooling families and am trying to make it a “way of life”. 

This has been a year full of challenges but I can be confident that we are building a better future for our children.  We are growing day by day and things are never boring.  I am always looking for ways to make learning fun and I am learning more about my children every day.  I know this was the best choice for them and I am hoping it will make us a stronger family for it. 

As we go through this journey we call Homeschool I have found that I learn as much as the kids do.  Everyday is a new lesson in how to connect with the kids, learning their strengths and weaknesses, or how to make things more fun.  I have discovered that I am experiencing the Homeschool Learning Curve.        

No comments:

Post a Comment